Saturday, September 17, 2011

Too tired to come up with a good title

Whoever thought it was a good idea for the person working Friday night to also work Saturday morning (all day Saturday actually, but it's the morning part that's hardest) should be shot! Well...not really, but I am very annoyed with them. With a half hour drive home and a half hour drive back to work, I end up not getting nearly enough time to sleep...even less time if Ryleigh fights going to bed when I get home. Yesterday was a fucking headache and a half with all the PEOPLE coming in for whatever the hell was/is going on at/with the Mayo Clinic. Friday nights, we usually don't have a shuttle, but the shuttle driver was nice enough to keep bringing his big 29 passenger bus (the usual shuttle carries 9) for the 3-4 flights after the shuttle was supposed to be done here because there were just that many PEOPLE! And thank god for that...I don't know what I would've done if he wasn't here. Even with that 29 passenger bus nearly full...I was still loading 8-10 cabs off of each flight! That's like an insane amount of people/cabs here! On an average day, the cab drivers usually get pretty lucky if we even load 6 of them per flight...especially on a Friday! Fridays and Saturdays usually have a lot of people being picked up, so we'll usually have a lot of loading 0-3 cabs per flight. I just hope today isn't like that again or I may go (more) insane...

The only small positive to yesterday was when someone forgot their laptop in the hustle and bustle of trying to get out of here after on of the flights (yeah, I know that doesn't sound like much of a positive but hear me out). Someone found it and brought it to me very concerned that it be kept somewhere safe so the owner could get it back when he/she came looking for it. That by itself was AWESOME because so often people will just ignore stuff lying around that isn't theirs and don't care about anyone but themselves. But even better was just as I was cleaning up to get out of here. A guy came in looking for his laptop that he accidentally left and thanks to that other guy, I was able to give this guy his laptop back. It was great!

On a completely unrelated note, I seriously LOVE Med City's fax number. It's a palindrome. So I push the numbers: doot, doot, doot, zero, and then back through the first 3 numbers in reverse. It's so much fun to punch in a number like that. (I like palindromes, okay? I thought it was awesome that my birthday this year was a palindrome in day-month-year orientation too. 11-02-2011, 11022011...hehehe. Don't judge me, I'm not completely insane...just a little weird.) I like numbers and math and am pretty good with both...which is apparently very strange for the high school I went to or so I've heard anyway.

Also, sorry I haven't posted in a while (as if anyone comes looking for new posts without me pointing them out anyway), but I've been on dial-up and there hasn't been much going on anyway. And I just didn't feel like posting for a few days there....I didn't really feel much like doing anything, and I used up all the energy I did have to play with Ryleigh, so I had none left to think of something to write about here.

2 comments:

  1. still haven't figured out how to post, so I'm going to try doing it "Anonymous". Let's see if this works............ cat

    Keep up the blog, you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete