Monday, September 26, 2011

I'm not dead yet

Okay, so it's been a while since my last post...but in my defense, I'm sick. Some annoying little bug has been working it's way through the household and I've been even more tired and cranky than usual. And before that it was insanely busy at work. And somewhere in between there, I was spending WAY too much time playing computer games with every spare moment I had.

Honestly, I really don't have much to say at the moment. My head is too muddled with mucous for my brain to function properly. Oh, I do have a funny quote from my youngest brother as we were taking the dog to the house in town...the dog was sitting on his lap, sticking his nose out the window that was open just far enough for him to get his nose out, and my brothers goes, "Don't jump out, you'll die! Dogs don't have 9 lives like cats, I think they only have 2!" (Bolded for emphasis because that's the part that really killed me.) Okay, maybe it's just me, but I thought that was HILARIOUS. It was probably insane of me to take 2 sick kids and a dog into town when I was sick myself...but it seemed like a good idea at the time. It all went alright for the most part until Ryleigh moved the dog's water bowl and my brother tripped over it. That was a mess...but at least it was just water. Oh, and the dog ate half of one of Ryleigh's pizza slices after I told her to eat it or put it up before she went to play because the dog could get it where it was. She cried, but I warned her that would happen...so I'm not sure why she was so surprised.

I'm picking up an extra 8.5 hour shift at work on Wednesday, so this next paycheck is going to be a fairly decent one (but then again the one for the 2nd part of the month is always bigger than the one for the first part of the month...it's kind of a pain). I slept a lot today (and so did Ryleigh), so hopefully we'll both be feeling better before I have to go into work Wednesday morning and she has to spend the day with Great-Grandma.

I guess that's all I've got right now. My brain is feeling kind of crispy-fried, so I think I'll stop here and maybe write some more tomorrow or Wednesday. I feel kind of bad writing when I have nothing interesting going on... Oh well, that's life I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment